Tuesday, May 13, 2025

Star and Ember Episode 2-Trouble in Paradise.

This story, and the characters in it, belong to me.

Previously on Star and Ember:

After the creation of the Synervian universe, a growing divide between Synervians has led to the creation of the Four Watchers: Stareye, Embercore, Technovoid, and Wrathenus. Now, our heroes get to work in resolving the conflict.


2.1. The Four Watchers Go to Work.

Across the five lands of Synervia, a giant red holographic screen appears in each of their skies. Embercore, Stareye, Wrathenus, and Technovoid appear on them. The four of them are in the Synervian Castle. 

Embercore:

Attention Synervia. This is Embercore. I have come to the conclusion that the increasing tension between elementals has become to great. Fortunately, someone has come up with a solution.

She turns to Stareye. Stareye is visibly nervous, but he gains the courgae to begin speaking. 


Stareye:
H-Hello. *Clears throat* My name is Stareye. I'm Ember's Spirit-Mate.

Embercore rubs Stareye's back to reassure him.

Stareye:
Before this broadcast, the four of us intervened to stop an attack by three fire elementals on a water, or air, elemental. In response, I proposed that the four of us would become a team to stop the in-fighting. Thankfully, my other three compatriots agreed. We are The Four Watchers. We will patrol every land to make sure that this "creatures of light" vs. "darkness" movement ends, and that every Synervian is safe.

Embercore:
We will begin our patrol right after this broadcast. Thank you for your attention, and stay safe, everyone. 

Embercore's eyes stop glowing red, and the broadcast ends. 


Location: Symbiota.

At the Synervian Castle, Embercore praises Stareye for his performance.

Embercore:
Great job, Star. 


Star rubs the back of his head, and has a sheepish smile on his face.

Stareye:
Thanks. It was a little daunting knowing that so many people were watching me, but I think I got the message across. 
Oh! Before we go...


Stareye's eyes glow white, and he opens his right hand. A white ball of light appears in his hand, and transforms into four mini badges. 
An initial is on each of the badges. Three of them fly towards Embercore, Wrathenus, and Technodroid, and attach themselves to their right shoulders. The last one attaches to Stareye. The three other members are impressed by Stareye's gift. Embercore turns to Stareye with a smile on her face.


Embercore:
I love it!

Stareye smiles.

Embercore:
Alright team, let's get to work. 

The four of them fist-bump each other in a circle. Afterwards, t
he team starts their patrol in Symbiota. Some of the citizens cheer as they see the Watchers fly above them. Wrathenus smiles, feeling a sense of accomplishment. Nearby, a group of fire and earth elementals confront a group of water and wind elementals. An earth elemental's eyes glow, and his left arm turns into mud. He grabs a lump of mud from his arm, and throws it at the water and wind elementals. Wrathenus sees the commotion below, and flies down towards the crowd. She sees the lump of mud flying in the air. She stretches her right arm forward, and her eyes glow green. The lump of mud glows green, and then it transforms into a large mud Octo-Serpent! The two groups of Synervians become afraid. Wrathenus freezes. Luckily, Embercore appears. She stretches out her hands, and her eyes turn red. The mud Octo-Serpent glows red, and reverts back into a lump of mud. The two groups look up at Embercore, and Wrathenus. They cheer for Embercore. Wrathenus looks dejected, but Embercore pats her on her left shoulder. 


Embercore:
Don't give up.


The crowd disperses. Afterwards, Embercore flies to Wrathenus' left and goes off into the distance. A frustrated expression forms on Wrathenus' face, and she clenches her fists. A hand is placed on her right shoulder. She turns her head to her right, and sees Technovoid hovering behind her. Wrathenus turns her head around, and she and Technovoid see Embercore and Stareye talking to each other. 


Later on, the team returns to the Synervian Castle. In the living room, the team face a holographic map of Synervia. 


Technovoid:
How do you want us to start?
Stareye:
I think that we should each be assigned a land to watch over. I think Ember should watch over Pyrano, and you should guard Soilifica. Wrathenus lives in Liquatis, so she should cover that land. I'll patrol Liwinda. 
Wrathenus:

Sounds simple enough.

Embercore:

Stay safe, and call immediately if you need backup. 


The three other members nod their heads. Technovoid, and Wrathenus, leave the room. 


Embercore:
Before you leave, Star, if you need to contact me right away, you can do so telepathically. 
Stareye:
Oh?
Embercore:
I'm a telepath so I can do it naturally, but since we're mates, it's a cool technique that we can do with each other. I'll show you.

Embercore's eyes turn red, and so do Stareye's. 

Embercore (Telepathically):
Hey cutie. 


Stareye's eyes widen, and he blushes. Embercore smiles, and giggles a bit. 


Embercore:
See?
Stareye:

Y-Yeah. 


Their eyes return to normal. 

Embercore:

Alright. I'll teleport you to Liwinda.

Embercore grabs Stareye's left arm, and her eyes turn red. Red flames come from underneath their feet, engulfs both of them, and then disappear. 

2.2. The Way the Wind Blows.
Location: Liwinda. 

In the sky above the land of Liwinda, red flames appear. They manifest into Stareye, and Embercore. They hover above the land. 

Embercore:
Welcome to Liwinda, the land of wind. 

Stareye looks down at the land.

Stareye:
The buildings are actually made of wind!
Embercore:
Yep. Pretty, isn't it?

Stareye nods his head. 

Embercore:
When you're ready to come back home, let me know. 
Stareye:
Roger that. 

They kiss each other on the lips. Embercore's eyes turn red. She transforms into flames, and disappears. Stareye flies towards Liwinda. He flies around the buildings, and sees that each of them are made up of wind that vary in color. However, his enamoration of the buildings is disturbed by commotion he hears below. He looks down, and sees a mob confronting a man. 

Mob Leader:
You're a long way from home, creature of light. This isn't Pyrano. 
Man:
Wait! I didn't do anything! I'm here to-
Mob Leader:
Shut it! You creatures of light think that you're above us-
Mob Member 2:
And abuse us constantly!
Mob Leader:
We know that you must have done something against our kind, and we will not let you leave.

The mob starts to walk closer towards the man.

Man:
No! I don't want anything to do with this debate. I don't hate you guys!
Mob Member 3:
LIAR!

The mob leader's eyes glow, and he shoves his hands forward. Wind blows out of his hands, and fly towards the man! Stareye lands in front of the man, and extends his hands forward. Stareye absorbs the wind with his hands, and saves the man! The wind elementals stop in their tracks, and Stareye keeps his hands up.

Mob Leader:

Stareye? What are you doing?

Stareye:
My job. 
Mob Leader:
B-But he's a creature of light in our land. He must be here to attack us!
Stareye:
Is that what he said? He was about to state his intention, but you cut him off. 


A shocked expression forms on the mob leader's face.

Mob Leader:
B-B-But that must be the reason!
Stareye:
How about we ask him why he's here?

Stareye turns his head to face the man.

Stareye:
Tell them.
Man:
I came here to see my Mate-to-Be. She's a Liwidian. 
Woman:
WAIT!

A woman's voice can be heard from behind the mob. A woman runs through the crowd, and behind Stareye. She runs into the arms of the male Pyranian. 

Woman:
He's my Mate-to-Be! He wouldn't hurt anyone. 


Stareye turns his head to face the mob. The. mob members are surprised, and disappointed. 

Mob Leader:
I'm sorry. We were wrong.
Stareye:
Now, I suggest that you all go home. 

The mob leader nods his head, and the mob members disperse. Afterwards, Stareye turns to the couple. 

Stareye:

You two do the same, and be careful.

Man:
Thank you!

The couple run forward, and head to the woman's home. Stareye puts his hands on his sides and smiles, satisfied with the positive ending.


Stareye:

Nice to see the wind blow in a positive direction.

He flies into the air, and continues his patrol.


2.3. Burning Embers.
Location: Pyrano.


The land of Pyrano consists of buildings that are made out of fire. In the town square of the land, Embercore arrives. The citizens around her show either respect, or distrust. 

Embercore:
My fellow Pyranians, I must talk with all of you. 

The citizens turn towards her. 

Embercore:
I'm imploring you to stop this creature of light vs. darkness movement. I know that not all of you agree with this belief, but there are a lot of you that are causing trouble for your fellow Synervians. This needs to end.
Unknown Male Voice:
Why?

Embercore turns her head to her right, and so do the rest of the crowd. A man speaks up.

Man #1:
We've mastered all of our powers without causing turmoil. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't do the same, then you have no place in Synervia.
Second Unknown Male Voice:
Pyranians like you make the rest of us look bad. 

Embercore turns to her left, and the rest of the crowd follows suite. Another man speaks up.

Man #2:
Ember is right. Synervia needs cooperation to exist.
Man #1:
I awakened before you, and before Ember had her last vision. I remember when the divide started, and it was justified. I think we, and the Soilificans, can rule Synervia just fine on our own. 
Embercore:
You're wrong. Synervia needs all four elements to exist. The Creator exhibited all four elements as well, and Synervia was created by it. Getting rid of half of the Synervian population will cause an imbalance... Perhaps, Synervia might even cease to exist. 

The other Pyranians ponder over what Embercore just said. The first male Pyranian has a shocked expression on his face.

Embercore:
Will you learn to live with your fellow Synervians? 

Despite Embercore's pleading, the first male Pyranian remains defiant. Instead of retorting, he turns around and walks away. Half of the crowd follows him. Embercore is disappointed.

Embercore:
Is there nothing that I can say that will convince them?
Man #2:
We stand with you, Ember. 

Embercore looks at him, and the remaining crowd members. They all smile at her. The second male Pyranian extends a hand towards her, and gives her a reassuring smile as well. Embercore shakes his hand.

Embercore:
Thank you.

She turns to the rest of the crowd.

Embercore:
All of you. 


2.4. Trouble in Paradise.

Location: Symbiota.


At the Synervian Castle, Srareye and Embercore regroup in the living room.


Stareye:
Anything to report?
Embercore:
Pyrano had... mixed results, but I did make some progress there.

Stareye:
Good! We did have a little skirmish on Liwinda though.

Embercore:
What happened?
Stareye:
Another mob, but it was larger than the one Tech and I dealt with before. They were about to attack a Pyranian, but his Liwidian Mate-to-Be and I helped to dispel them. 


Embercore breathes a sigh of relief.


Embercore:
Thank the Maker that the situation ended peacefully.
Stareye:
Hopefully, we can settle this whole conflict in the same manner.

Suddenly, Stareye's eyes turn white and a white holographic screen appears in front of him. It's a call, but the screen shows Technovoid lying on the floor.


Technovoid:
S-Star... H-Help...

Both Stareye and Embercore look concerned. 


Embercore:
Is that...

Stareye:
Technovoid. It sounds like he's in trouble!
Embercore:
I'm going to find out.
Stareye:
I'm going with you.

Embercore:
No. I'm-
Stareye:
I'm going with you.

Embercore is surprised by Stareye's insistence, but she nods her head in approval. The holographic screen disappears, and the two of them leave the castle. 


Location: Liquatis.


A red portal appears outside Wrathenus' and Technovoid's home. A yellow car transporter appears through the portal. Embercore gets out of the driver's side, and Stareye gets out of the passenger's side. Stareye struggles to stand up, but Embercore helps him. 


Stareye:
Thanks. 
Embercore:
Don't worry. You'll get use to that.


The two of them notice that the front door to the house was kicked inward. 


Stareye:
It looks like a break-in.
Embercore:
Stick together, and be careful.


Embercore's eyes turn red, and her transporter disappears into flames. The two of them carefully enter the house. So far, they find nothing. They turn to the left, where the living room is. When they enter the room, they find Technovoid's body lying on the ground! His limbs have been ripped apart from his body. Orange flames come out his severed limbs. Stareye and Embercore run towards him. They kneel down, and check on him. Stareye touches Technovoid's shoulder, and shakes him.


Stareye:
Technovoid! 


Technovoid doesn't respond. Embercore looks around.


Embercore:

Stay with him. I'm going to look for Wrathenus.


Embercore leaves the room, and goes up the staircase. Stareye examines Technovoid's body. Then, he  turns to Technovoid's severed limbs. His eyes widen as an idea forms in his head. He collects Technovoid's severed limbs, and places them next to his body. Then, Stareye places his hand back on Technovoid's chest. His eyes glow white, and Technovoid's body begins to glow. Technovoid's severed limbs reattach to his body, and he is fully repaired! Technovoid opens his eyes, and Stareye removes his hand from his chest. He smiles, and call out to Embercore.


Stareye:

Ember! 

Embercore runs down the stairs, and back into the living room. She sees that Technovoid is awake. She turns to Stareye.


Embercore:

Star, did you-

Stareye:

I healed him! 
Technovoid:
...What...?
Stareye:
Hey buddy. Take it easy. Ember, and I, are here.

Technovoid:

Where… Where’s Wrathenus?

Embercore:

...Just stay calm. We’re taking you to the castle.
Stareye:
I'll carry him.


Stareye picks up Technovoid, and carries him outside. Embercore is surprised, but then follows Stareye out of the building. 


Location: Symbiota.

Technovoid opens his eyes, and he wakes up in the living room of the Synervian Castle. He's lying on a couch, and is covered in a blanket. Stareye and Embercore are there.


Stareye:

You're finally awake. 
Technovoid:
What happened?
Stareye:

Do you remember anything?

Technovoid tries to remember what happened. He puts a hand on his forehead, and closes his eyes. 

Technovoid:

…I... I got a call from Wrathenus that she needed help at home. I went over to her house, and... I can't remember anything after that…

Embercore:

Let me help. I can use my telepathy to see your memories. 


Embercore's eyes turn red, and she touches Technovoid's head. Technovoid's eyes turn red as well, and Embercore tries to reads his mind. Suddenly, both of their eyes turn green.

Embercore:
I can't... I can't see anything...

 Both of their eyes return to normal. Embercore has look of fear on her face.


Embercore:

...I couldn't see anything. It's like the memory was erased...

Technovoid:
Wait. Where's Wrathenus?
Embercore:
I looked everywhere. I couldn't find her. 
Technovoid:
She's... She's gone?

Technovoid turns his head. Tears start to fall from his eyes, so he closes them. 
Stareye is hit hard by this. He leans in to Technovoid.


Stareye:

We’ll find whoever did this, Tech. I promise!

Enbercore:
You'll stay with us until we make sure that your home is safe. Now, get some rest.


Technovoid lies back down on. Eventually, he falls back asleep. Upstairs in their bedroom, Stareye and Embercore ponder over what happened. Stareye is standing, while Embercore is sitting on the edge of the bed.


Stareye:

Any ideas as to what could've happened to Wrathenus?
Embercore:
Either someone knocked her out and took her while she was unconscious, or she was put to slumber and someone took her orb.
Stareye:
What does putting someone to slumber mean?
Embercore:
If a Synervian is put to slumber, their bodies will revert back into an orb. If someone touches the orb, then the orb will awaken again and transform back into the person that they were before. It's like going to sleep, and then waking up. 


A sad expression forms on Embercore's face. 
Stareye notices this. He sits on the bed next to her, and rubs her back.


Stareye:
Ember?
Embercore:
...I was afraid that something like this would happen. I tried my best to help Wrathenus, whether it was through training or by making friends. Now that she's gone, I feel like... I feel like I failed her...


Tears start falling from her eyes. Stareye hugs her.


Stareye:

Hey. We did everything that we could for now. Maybe you should rest for a bit, and then we'll come up with a plan to move forward? Okay?
Embercore:
...Yeah. That's fine.

Embercore's eyes turn red, and her clothes transform into a sleeping gown. Then, she crawls into the bed. Stareye puts the bed cover onto her. She falls asleep. After that, Stareye sneaks out of the room, and goes into the hallway. He leans against the wall, and ponders to himself over the situation. 

Stareye (In his head):
I have to do something! There has to be something that we missed at Wrath's and Tech's house. Maybe if I go back there and do another search, I'll find a clue? What if I run into the perpetrator? I should create something to protect myself in case I run into trouble...

An idea forms in Stareye's head.

Stareye (In his head):
Maybe I should make a protective suit!


Stareye's eyes glow white, and a holographic screen appears in front of him. He taps on the screen, and begins to create a superhero suit. After he's finished with the design, his body glows white. His body transforms into the suit. It's a black and white, with a black cape. A black hat covers his ears and his forehead. Stareye looks pleased with the results. He turns to go down the stairs. Suddenly, his eyes glow red and he stops. A yellow and red tail has wrapped around his waist, and pulls him into the bedroom! It's Embercore! She's out of bed, and is being supported by her tail. Her eyes are glowing red.


Embercore:

You are NOT going back there!
Stareye:
Did you read my-
Embercore:
Yes. I'm not going to have you get hurt, or disappear on me!
Stareye:
I... didn't want to disturb you... I just want to help-


Embercore's tail disappears, and Stareye is freed. Embercore's tail transforms back into legs, and her eyes stop glowing red. She takes a deep sigh.


Embercore:
I know you want to help, but I don't want you doing this by yourself. I lost Wrathenus, and we're lucky that we rescued Technovoid, but I will lose my mind if something were to happen to you.
Stareye:

...I'm sorry. 


Embercore hugs him. Stareye reciprocates. Embercore notices Stareye's suit. She rubs her hand on Stareye's chest.


Embercore:
Nice suit.


Stareye's ears perk up in excitement, and a smile forms on his face.


Stareye:
Thanks.


Embercore smiles back at him.

Embercore:
I'll need to make one myself.

Embercore holds Stareye's hand.


Embercore:
I want us to work together. We're partners, and partners work together. I'll always have your back, and you'll have mine. Okay?


Stareye gets serious.


Stareye:
I won't let anything happen to you.


Embercore blushes. Stareye is surprised. He thinks she looks beautiful. He leans in closer, but he stops out of hesitation. Embercore nods her head in approval. Stareye leans in again, and the two of them kiss on the lips. The two of them hug each other. Their lips part. They're both a little embarrassed, but they're both very happy. Embercore takes Stareye's hat, and puts it on her head. Then she wraps her arms around Stareye's neck, and smiles at him.


Embercore:
Now, partner, let's get to work.


Below in the living room, Technovoid listened to their conversation while pretending to be asleep on the couch.


2.5. Training.
Location: Liquatis. 

Later on, Technovoid, Stareye, and Embercore return to Wrathenus' and Technovoid's home. They enter the building filled with trepidation. 

Stareye:
I think you should stay with us, Tech.
Technovoid:
Thanks, but no one is going to scare me from living in my own home, Star.

They walk into the living room. Everything appears normal. 


Embercore:
It does seem clear, though.
Stareye:
And, I don't see anything abnormal. I guess I was wrong about finding a missing clue. 

Embercore:
Don't worry. We'll find something. 

Embercore turns to Technovoid. 

Embercore:

Are you ready to make the announcement?

Technovoid nods his head.

Technovoid:

Yes.


Embercore's eyes turn red, and a holographic screen appears in front of them. The broadcast is being aired to all of Synervia.


Embercore:
My fellow Synervians, I'm afraid that the Four Watchers have some bad news to share with you all.


Embercore turns to Technovoid. He takes a deep breath.

Technovoid:

Hello Synervia. My name is Technovoid. I am Wrathenus' mate. I regret to inform you that Wrathenus is missing. Currently, Embercore and Stareye are working hard to find out what happened to her. If it wasn’t for them, especially Stareye, I probably wouldn’t be here right now...


Technovoid pauses, and closes his eyes. Stareye pats Technovoid on his right shoulder, and then starts talking.

Stareye:

Technovoid will be under our protection, and Ember and I will start an investigation into Wrathenus' disappearance. As a result, the Four Watchers has been disbanded. Ember, and I, have decided to create the Synervian Protection Team. Ember has the title of "Oracle," and my title is "Detective."

Embercore:
We will find Wrathenus, but we will also continue to watch over Synervia as we did before. If you need our help, please come to the Synervian Castle. Stay safe, everyone.


Location: Symbiota.


The broadcasts ends. Slickshot, Sidesplitter, Twopiece, and Ripapart were outside when they saw the announcement. 

Slickshot:
Wrathenus is gone!?
Ripapart:
...Oh well.

Slickshot turns around with a furious expression on his face.

Slickshot:
"Oh well!?" She was our friend!
Twopiece:
She was your friend, Slick. 
Slickshot:
And a founding member of the Creation Crew. 
Sidesplitter:
Thanks to Ember. If it wasn't for Ember, we wouldn't have gotten any work done because Wrathenus' powers kept destroying everything. 

A male bystander hears the conversation, and joins in.

Male Stranger:
Yeah! Those creatures of darkness cannot control their powers, yet we have to live with them? 

A female stranger chimes in on the conversation.

Female Stranger:
And why does Embercore always take their side? 
Male Stranger:
She's a traitor. That's why.
Female stranger:
Perhaps we creatures of light should officially segregate ourselves from the creatures of darkness? 

On the roof of a nearby building, a woman is listening in on the conversation. Her face is covered by a mask, and a hood. Her body is covered by a cape that is connected to her hood. 

Male Stranger:
Why stop there? Someone already got rid of Wrathenus. Maybe we should do the same with the other creatures of darkness.

Everyone laughs, except for Slickshot.

Slickshot:
What's wrong with you people!? Wrathenus is my friend! As a creature of light myself, I stand with Ember!

He turns to the male stranger.

Slickshot:
Synervia was made for all of us, not just you.

He focuses on his Creation Crew teammates.

Slickshot:
Wrathenus worked hard to try and control her powers. You know that. Despite her efforts, all you guys did was belittle her.


Slickshot walks away hastily from the group.

Slickshot
You people make me sick!

Slickshot flies up into the air, and disappears. The hooded woman watches Slickshot fly away. Then, she turns her attention back to Sidesplitter, Twopiece, and Ripapart below.

Ripapart:
Maybe someone should put that traitor to slumber next?
Sidesplitter:
Slick is going to have to make a choice, and he better make the right one. 

The hooded woman transforms into water, and disappears.

Location: Liquatis.

Back at Technovoid's home, Technovoid turns to Embercore and Stareye.


Technovoid:
Thank you. Both of you. If you guys need anything, anything at all, please let me know.

Stareye salutes Technovoid.

Stareye:
Same here.

The two of them sake hands. 


Location: Symbiota.


Stareye and Embercore leave, and return to Synervia Castle. They are in the new Training Room, which used to be the Orb Chamber Room. Stareye watches Embercore design her own superhero suit on a holographic screen. When she's done, her body glows red and materializes into the suit. She turns around to see how she looks in it. 


Embercore:
How do I look?


Stareye looks at Embercore's outfit. He blushes.

Stareye:
Um...
Embercore:
Not good enough?
Stareye:
No! 
I think it shows your... strength quite well.


A smile forms on Embercore's face.

Embercore:
Oh?

Embercore turns her body to the left. She puts her hands on her hips, and strikes a pose. 

Embercore:
You mean curves, don't you?


Stareye's entire face turns red. He turns his eyes to the right.

Stareye:
Perhaps.

Embercore smiles, but she puts her hands on her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

Embercore:
*Clears throat* I'm sorry! What's next?
Stareye:
O-Oh! Right!


They walk into the center of the room. Embercore turns around, and faces Stareye. Stareye transforms into his superhero suit. He taps on his wrist comp, and a holographic manual appears. Stareye grabs the manual, and separates it from the wrist comp. He enlarges it so that he and Embercore can see it.


Stareye:
I came up with some defensive moves that I think will help to protect us.


Stareye and Embercore raise their fists, and get into a defensive stance.


Stareye:

Ember, swing your fist at me. I'll try to-


Embercore swings her fist at Stareye. She hits him in the face! Embercore covers her mouth out of shock. 


Embercore:

I’m so sorry!


Stareye rubs his head. He cracks a smile.


Stareye:

I meant to say that I was going to try and catch your fist.

Embercore:

Are you okay?

Stareye:

I'm fine. Let's try that again.


Embercore is relieved. she takes a deep breath, and gets back into position. She throws another fist at Stareye, but he catches it this time.


Stareye:

Good! Now, I'll try to kick you. You will block my kick with your arms.
Embercore:
Okay!


Stareye kicks Embercore in her stomach. Embercore blocks Stareye’s kick with her arms, but the force of Stareye’s kick sends her to the opposite side of the room! She hits the wall! Stareye’s jaw drops. Embercore detaches herself from the wall, and walks up to Stareye.


Embercore:

Was that-


Embercore stumbles a bit, but regains her posture.


Embercore:

…Payback for punching you?

Stareye:

I’m sorry! I didn’t think I kicked you that hard! 


Embercore smiles.


Embercore:
Don't worry. I'm alright.

Stareye:
This might take a while for us to get use to.


Embercore gets back into position.


Embercore:
I'm not giving up.


Stareye smiles.


Stareye:
Alright. Let's try again.


The two of them continue to train until they mastered their move sets. Afterwards, Embercore continues Staareye's personal training. 

Embercore:
I would like to continue your training before we continue the investigation. 

Stareye:
Sure. I want to be as ready as possible for anything that could happen.
Embercore:

Good. Now, every Synervian has two kinds of powers: an elemental one, and a spirit or soul one. The four elements are fire, air, earth, and water. A male Synervian has spirit power, while a female Synervian has soul power. This allows you to have a range of powers. For example, I'm a Pyranian so my elemental power is fire. My soul powers are telepathy, and telekinesis. Your elemental power is water, which makes you a Liquatian. Your spirit power seems to be regeneration. 
Stareye:
So, a
 fire or earth elemental is paired up with a mate that is either a water or wind elemental. Is there a reason why opposites attract?

Embercore:

Unity. When a Spirit-, and Soul-, Mate go through the Spirit-Soul Merge, they become a being that can harness the two elemental powers at the same time. 

Stareye:
How do they do that?


Embercore blushes.


Embercore:

Through a kiss. Afterwards, the couple completely merge their bodies and orbs together to create a new body. This new body can control both elemental, spirit, and souls powers all at once.


Stareye notices that Embercore is blushing. 

Stareye:
Did I ask something inappropriate?
Embercore:
N-No, but the Merge is seen as an intimate act. 

Stareye's eyes widen.


Stareye:

Oh. 
Embercore:
*Clears throat* It's okay. 


Embercore's eyes glow red, and she extends her hands on her sides. 


Embercore:

Now, let's get down to business.


Fire comes out of her hands. Stareye's eyes turn white, and water comes out of his hands. The two of them start to train each other. Afterwards, Embercore trains him to teleport and how to drive his transporter. Stareye learns to teleport inside the Training Room by transforming into water, mist, and water vapor. Later on, Stareye learns to drive. His car transporter, which is black, drives up to the front of Synervian Castle.


Embercore:
You're doing great, Star!
Stareye:
I'm just trying to catch up. I wish I could transform into my animal form though.
Embercore:

Still, you made great progress.

Embercore kisses Stareye on the cheek.


Embercore:
I'm proud of you. We can take a break for a bit.
Stareye:
Roger that.


The two of them exit the vehicle. Stareye's eyes turn white, and his transporter disappears. Embercore walks inside the castle. However, Stareye's eyes turn white again. A screen appears. He finds at a model of his transporter.

Stareye (In his head):
Hm. I wonder if I can made some modifications to the vehicle. Just in case we need something.


Stareye starts tinkering with the model.

Embercore:
Star?
Stareye:
Coming!

Stareye runs inside.  

Embercore:

I'm just being careful. I don't want anything to happen to you.
Stareye:
Hey, after all the training we've done, I won't go down without a fight.

Embercore smiles.

Embercore:
True, but I'm not taking any chances.


Embercore's eyes turn red, and she gets a call. A red holographic screen projects, and Slickshot appears on the screen. Embercore smiles.

Embercore:
Hey Slick.
Slickshot:
Hey Ember. Can I talk to you, and Star?

Location: Unknown.

Unbeknownst to them, someone is watching. The mysterious hooded woman from before is watching them on a giant screen. She is wearing a mask. She is sitting on her hair, which is made of tentacles. Her eyes glow green, and she sends a telepathic message to someone. It's a man.


Hooded Woman (Telepathically):
Are you finished making your suit?
Mystery Man (Telepathically):
Almost. I have to make a few more adjustments. Did something come up?


The woman turns to the big screen. She sees Slickshot on Embercore's screen. 

Hooded Woman (Telepathically):
I think I found our first test subject for the second part of our plan.
Mystery Man (Telepathically):
In that case, let Operation Synervian Liberation Force commence.

End of episode 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment